丹尼爾為什麼自從波特後,都在拍些奇形怪狀的角色?為什麼不回歸怪獸系列?

發表於
丹最近為宣傳電影《逃離普勒托利亞》,接受Variety的專訪,以下為訪問的部分內容:

《逃離普勒托利亞》講述兩個白皮膚南非人因替「非洲民族議會」(ANC)工作而遭監禁,他們下定決心要逃出這個惡名昭彰的白人地方:羅本島上的普勒托利亞監獄。電影改編自南非反種族隔離名人任金(Tim Jenkins)的自傳「越獄:普勒托利亞監獄脫逃」(Inside Out: Escape from Pretoria Prison)一書,丹尼爾演出當事人任金。

Do you feel a greater responsibility when you play a real person?
You do feel a real responsibility to do it justice. Not to sound pretentious and be everything I hate about actors, but it makes you want to suffer a bit more when you know there was actual real human pain involved in the story you are telling. You feel more of an obligation to try to understand what that was like.

你有為要飾演一位真實人物,而感到更大負擔嗎?
為了更準確地演繹他,的確會感到有更大責任。並不是想炫耀或是說演員壞話,但當我知道這故事裡有真實的人在受苦,讓我想在拍攝的時候也受多些苦,好讓自己更明白他的處境。

When you say you feel a need to suffer more, what do you mean? Do you consider yourself to be a method actor?
I already hate that answer I just gave. Can I take it back? I’m not a method actor at all. I’m all about breaking down a script and figuring out what I’ll need to do. Occasionally I’ll listen to music to get in the mood for certain scenes, but generally my approach is to just know the lines well and give the director as many different options as we have time for. To try the scene in many different ways. That’s what works for me.

你說為了代入角色想要受多些苦,那麼你認為自己是method actor(為了融入角色,會試圖讓自己變成他,有點走火入魔)嗎?
我已經後悔剛剛的回答了,我可以收回嗎?我絕對不是method actor,我是要把劇本拆解,然後想通我要怎麼演繹這角色。偶爾我會聽聽音樂調整情緒,但大多數我的處理手法是了解台詞後,然後告訴導演盡可能多的演繹方式,務求以多種不同方法演繹同一場戲,再看哪個最適合,這對我最管用。

There are a number of articles that talk about your “weird” career choices since you finished the “Harry Potter” series. You’ve certainly made a lot of off-beat films like “Horns” and “Swiss Army Man,” but do you agree with that characterization?
I accept the label in that there’s nothing I’ve shied away from. But I wasn’t like, “find me the weirdest thing out there.” I wasn’t picking projects that were weird for weird’s sake. “Swiss Army Man” was weird in that it’s about a farting corpse coming back to life and that’s not for everybody. At the same time, it’s an incredibly smart film that has something beautiful to say about being human. I’ve done “Guns Akimbo,” where I’ve had guns bolted to my hands, but I’ve also done “Escape From Pretoria,” which is really grounded in reality. I think people saw me play one thing for so long that it seems more notable that I do loads of different stuff now.

外面有些報導議論你自從波特後,都演些「奇形怪狀」的角色。你的確拍過幾部另類的電影,如《魔角》、《屍控奇幻旅程》,你認同這個對你的描述嗎?
我接受這標籤,我並沒有躲避什麼題材,但並非要「給我最奇怪的劇本」,我不是為了標新立異而選擇奇怪的劇本。《屍控奇幻旅程》劇本不落俗套,講述一具放屁的屍體重生,並不是所有人都接受到,但與此同時,它講述生而為人的美好。我也拍了一部手槍粘住雙手的《腰間持槍》,以及改編自真人真事的《逃離普勒托利亞》。我認為是人們看我演同一個角色演太久了,所以現在演不同的電影才會更受注目。

Would you return as Harry Potter in the “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” films?
I don’t think so. I don’t like say no to things, but it’s not something that I’m rushing to do. I feel like those films have moved on and they’re doing just fine without us. I’m happy to keep it that way. I like what my life is now. I’m not saying that I’ll never go back into any franchise, but I like the flexibility that I have with my career now. And I don’t want to get into a situation where I’m signed up for one series for years in advance.

你會以波特身份回歸怪獸系列嗎?
我不這麼認為。我不喜歡說不,但這並非我急著要做的事。我覺得這系列電影已經向前走了,沒有我他們也做得很好,樂見繼續如此。我喜歡現在的生活,並不是說永遠都不回歸這系列,但我喜歡現在的演出彈性,不想預先簽了好幾年約。

本文作者

• 複雜魔法修習者
  • 56  854

我不小心用伸縮耳聽到奈威教授在秀恩愛 @February

感謝翻譯
不過看到標題的丹還以為是丹富樂
原來是丹尼爾啊

🌙月光傳說法師🌟津淣·衛·格林堡 @JinNi

@February
+1 XDDD
我覺得身為一個演員卻不被框架限制是很棒的現象!
喜歡看到同一位演員的不同面向~

回歸的Shar @sharpaychoii

@February @JinNi
哈哈 現在改成丹尼爾了
抱歉啊 造成誤會了~

Cel Orca @CelOrca

但是他演的這幾部真的都不太想看😑有看一些簡介覺得怪怪的或者太重口味。 有沒有人看了?好看嗎?

Athena七兒 @vivikids

我覺得講奇形怪狀有點讓我生氣耶XDDD
(絕對不是因為我是丹尼爾的迷妹(#)
我看過屍控奇幻旅程跟逃出亞馬遜
丹尼爾絕對不是為了標新立異才接這些戲
以屍控奇幻旅程來說,真的很特別,他不是看過後只有「喔,屍體會說話」這種感想,這部電影蘊含很多寫故事的人想要傳達的東西,有爆笑也有淚點,我是幾年前在高雄市電影館看的,我很想收這部電影的DVD回家再三回味

我個人覺得丹尼爾的演技經過這些淬煉以及他的自我要求真的越來越棒,我也很樂見人們看到他不再只是「哈利波特」,他擁有更多的特質讓我們去喜愛他
我好希望趕快看完所有他目前演出的電影!

變小精靈的蒲公英 @skyjair

我覺得翻成詭譎多變的角色比較好......
method actor,方法派演員
Tim Jenkins,蒂姆·詹金

這是討論串底端!何不幫忙讓這串魔法煙綿延下去呢?