[書籍介紹]五本第一集提到的書籍、Ghost Plots

發表於
第一次翻譯,請多指教!!有什麼需要改正或錯誤或有官方名稱的請告訴我~感謝

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration
《初學者的變形指南》

A Beginner’s Guide to Transfiguration, by Emeric Switch, is the Transfiguration textbook on the first-year book list.
《初學者的變形指南》作者為愛莫瑞˙思為奇,是本列在一年級的書單中的變形指南。

New from J.K. Rowling
When Transfiguring, it is important to make firm and decisive wand movements. Do not wiggle or twirl your wand unnecessarily, or the Transfiguration will certainly be unsuccessful.
當施展變形咒時,堅定與果斷的魔杖動作是很重要的。不要進行些不必要的扭動或扭轉動作,否則變形術一定會失敗。

Form a clear mental picture of the object you are hoping to create before attempting a Transfiguring spell.
在施變形咒之前,在腦海中清楚勾勒出你想要變出的物品。

Beginners should say the spell clearly. More advanced wizards do not need to say the spell aloud.
初學者需要清楚的說出咒語。較有經驗的巫師就可以不必大聲地說出咒語。

Incomplete Transfigurations are difficult to put right, but you must attempt to do so. Leaving the head of a rabbit on a footstool is irresponsible and dangerous. Say ‘Reparifarge!’ and the object or creature should return to its natural state.
不完美的變形咒很難改正,但你務必要嘗試看看。像是要將兔子變成腳凳卻留下兔子頭在上面,是件多不負責而危險的事。說‘Reparifarge! ’,這物品或生物應該就會回到其自然狀態。

Larger creatures are difficult to Transfigure except by skilled and powerful wizards. Know your limits.
要對較大的生物施展變形咒是困難的,除非是位技巧高超且有強大能力的巫師。自己量力而為。

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi
《一千種神奇藥草與蕈類》

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi, by Phyllida Spore, details certain types of magical plants, often used in potions.
一千種神奇藥草與蕈類,作者為費麗˙斯波兒,記載多種常被用來製作魔藥的魔法植物。

New from J.K. Rowling
Dittany is a powerful healing herb and restorative and may be eaten raw to cure shallow wounds.
白鮮是一種強力治療藥草並且具有恢復功效,可以直接口服來治療較淺的傷口。

Flobberworm mucus is a popular potion thickener.
黏巴蟲黏液是一種常見魔藥增稠劑。

Aconite is sometimes called monkshood or wolfsbane.
烏頭亦稱為附子或牛扁。

Moly is a powerful plant that can be eaten to counteract enchantments. It is a black-stemmed plant with white flowers.
茉莉是一種力量強大的植物,服用後可以消除迷惑作用。

The cry of the Mandrake is fatal to anyone who hears it.
魔蘋果的哭聲對任何聽到的人來說都有致命危險。

The Wiggentree is a magical rowan that will protect anyone touching its trunk from the attack of Dark creatures.
Wiggentree這個魔法花楸樹會保護任何觸摸其樹幹的人免受到黑暗生物的攻擊。

Never eat the leaves of the Alihotsy tree (also known as the Hyena tree). These leaves cause uncontrollable laughter.
永遠不要食用Alihotsy樹的樹葉(也被稱作Hyena樹)。這些葉子會引發無法控制的大笑。

以上都是參考哈利波特與神秘魔法石書中的翻譯~~~沒有官方翻譯到的植物我就沒翻譯了>.<

本文作者

• 魔法入門生
  • 17  10

呼呼 @seakth

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection
《黑暗力量:自衛指南》

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection, by Quentin Trimble, is a required first-year Defence Against the Dark Arts text.
《黑暗力量:自衛指南》作者為昆丁˙特林保,列在一年級黑魔法防禦術書單中。

New from J.K. Rowling
Werewolf bites should be thoroughly and magically cleaned, as the werewolf’s fangs are venomous. However, there is no cure once you have become a werewolf, so try and avoid being bitten at all costs.
被狼人咬傷後必須進行徹底的魔法清理,因為狼人的牙齒是有毒的。不過,人一旦變成狼人後便沒有治療方法,所以務必不惜一切代價的試著避開被咬傷的危險。

Avoid the Red Cap, a Dark dwarfish creature that lurks in places where blood has been shed and will attempt to bludgeon the unwary to death.
避開紅軟帽,一種長的矮小的黑暗生物,它們喜歡潛伏在有血流過的地方,並會偷襲重擊那些迷路的人。

The Zombie dwells only in the Southern part of America. It is an example, like the Vampire, of the Living Dead and may be recognised by its greyish colour and its rotten smell.
殭屍僅存在於美國南部。它們就像吸血鬼一樣是活著的死者,並且可以從它們的灰色外表及腐爛的氣味來辨認。

The hag is a child-eating creature of human appearance, though likely to have more warts than the average witch.
巫婆是一種在人類描述中會吃小孩的生物,比一般女巫擁有更多的疣。

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 1
《標準咒語(初級)》

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 1, by Miranda Goshawk, is the required text for first-year Hogwarts students.
《標準咒語(初級)》作者為米蘭達˙郭汐客,列為一年級霍格華茲學生必備書單中。

New from J.K. Rowling
Charms differ from Transfiguring Spells in the following manner: a charm adds certain properties to an object or creature, whereas a transfiguring spell will change it into something utterly different.
咒語和變形咒的主要不同處如下:一般咒語會增加一些功效在物品或生物上,而變形咒則是改變它成為一個完全不同的東西。

The lesser charms are not very difficult to break and many of those that you learn as a young wizard will wear off in a matter of days or even hours.
咒語並不會難以破解,而你們這些年輕巫師所學的許多咒語將會在幾天或甚至幾小時後失效。

Dark charms are known as jinxes, hexes and curses. This book does not deal with such spells.
惡咒、妖法及詛咒等黑魔法,本書並不會提到。

Lapses in concentration while charming can result in painful side effects – remember Wizard Baruffio, who said ‘s’ instead of ‘f’ and found himself lying on the floor with a buffalo on his chest.
說咒語時必須集中精神,否則失誤可能會造成極為痛苦的副作用---千萬別忘記巴魯夫巫師,不小心把‘f’念成‘s’,就發現自己躺在地板,胸口坐著一頭大水牛。

Some charms will be ineffective on large creatures such as trolls, whose hides repel all but the more powerful spells.
某些咒語對一些大型生物如山怪是無效的,只有更加強大的咒語才能擊退牠們。

Curses and Counter-Curses
《詛咒與反詛咒》

Curses and Counter-Curses, by Professor Vindictus Viridian, is a spellbook which contains jinxes and curses.
詛咒與反詛咒,作者是溫迪克˙Viridian,是一本包含惡咒與治療的書。

New from J.K. Rowling
The Tickling Spell: Point your wand directly at your enemy and shout ‘Titillando!’
搔癢術:用你的魔杖指向敵人並喊‘Titillando! ’

The Leg-Locker Curse: Point your wand directly at your enemy and shout ‘Locomotor Mortis!’
索腿咒: 用你的魔杖指向敵人並喊‘榫頭─失準! ’

The Full Body-Bind: Point your wand directly at your enemy and shout ‘Petrificus Totalus!’
全身鎖咒: 用你的魔杖指向敵人並喊‘整整─石化! ’

Tongue-Tying Spell: Point your wand directly at your enemy and shout ‘Mimble wimble!’
綁舌頭咒: 用你的魔杖指向敵人並喊‘Mimble wimble! ’

Jelly-Legs Curse: Point your wand directly at your enemy and shout ‘Locomotor Wibbly!’
果醬腿咒:用你的魔杖指向敵人並喊‘Locomotor Wibbly!’

(對不起,這本有翻譯跟沒翻譯差不多的感覺...有些咒文我找不到官方翻譯)

呼呼 @seakth

Ghost Plots
幽靈情節

(不知道要怎麼翻比較好....>_<)

J.K. Rowling's thoughts
This is a personal expression, which has nothing to do with tales of the dead.
這是一種我(J.K. Rowling)個人表達的方式,和逝去者並無關係。

Over the seventeen years that I planned and wrote the seven Harry Potter books (not to mention Quidditch through the Ages, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and The Tales of Beedle the Bard), I generated a mass of information about the magical world that never appeared in the books.
17年來,每當我計畫寫下七本哈利波特書籍(不包括《穿越歷史的魁地奇》、《怪獸與牠們的產地》、《吟遊詩人皮陀故事集》)時,我曾創作出很多關於魔法世界的資料,不過沒有寫在書裡。

I liked knowing these things (which was fortunate, given that I couldn't stop my imagination spewing it all out) and often, when I needed a throwaway detail, I had it ready because of the background I had developed.
我很喜歡這些資料(很幸運的是,它們讓我文思泉湧),並且經常在我需要一些隨意細節時,可以從我之前準備好的這些背景資料中找出來用。

I also found myself developing storylines for secondary (or even tertiary) characters that were superfluous to requirements.
我也發現自己會為一些次要(甚至三等)角色寫一些有點多餘且不需要的故事情節。

More of a wrench were the plots I worked out for some much more important characters that had to be sacrificed for the bigger story.
令人難過的是,一些我為重要角色寫的情節必須為了故事大局而捨棄掉。

All of these I inwardly termed 'ghost plots', my private expression for all the untold stories that sometimes seemed quite as real to me as the 'final cut'.
這些沒有用到的情節,我在心裡把它稱作”幽靈情節”,我個人私下稱呼那些沒有放進書裡的所有故事,但對我來說這些沒有用到的故事情節和最後出書的版本一樣真實。

I have occasionally been in conversation with a reader and made mention of part of a ghost plot; looks of consternation cross their faces as, for a split second, they ask themselves whether they have accidentally skipped twenty pages somewhere.
我偶爾會跟讀者聊天,並提起一部分的幽靈情節;剎那間,他們的臉露出十分驚恐的表情,並反省自己是不是閱讀時哪裡少看了20幾頁。

I apologise to anyone I might have accidentally wrong-footed in this way; the problem is, literally, all in my head.
我向他們每個人道歉,我對這方面有點意外的措手不及;問題就是,幽靈情節已經全部都深深印在我心裡。

黑曜石 @littlemore

不過jk羅琳一定也在心中偷笑吧,到不是嘲笑讀者啦,只是為了自己獨自的小秘密。感謝樓主的翻譯~😊

Cathy @catherine0722

羅琳應該也很想跟大家分享那些書裡沒辦法提到的內容
所以才會建立pottermore波特多(我喜歡這樣叫它~好像某種零食的名字XD)
不過我很少有耐心看長篇英文
所以真心感謝幫忙翻譯的人😃

Lockfox @Lockfox

感覺每一篇強大的著作的背後都通常會有詳細又繁複的背景設定,哈利波特和魔戒大概就是典型的例子,只不過魔戒整套給的資訊比哈利波特還要多很多。

不知道羅琳媽媽有沒有考慮過慢慢把所有設定都跟魔戒一樣公開大半、編完嘛?如果有的話那真的會讓人非常的期待呢!!!!!

這是討論串底端!何不幫忙讓這串魔法煙綿延下去呢?

送出